Thursday

001_Personals (First Published December 2004)

Q.: “What nationality are you, Dave? What country are you exactly from?”

A.: I subscribe to neither national identity, but consider myself a citizen of the
Kingdom of God, regardless of place of birth or passport. I have personally witnessed the evils that nationalism brings about in many countries, have seen it start wars & transform happy people into haters of their fellowman & thus I have come to detest any display of nationalism & patriotism.
Jesus told His disciples that they were “not of this world”, & that’s how I have always felt. Naturally, earthbound people who are satisfied with the materialistic System resent those who don’t let themselves be pressed into any flag-waving mold or drawer. Sorry, if all I can say to those people is, “Tough luck!”
Earthly empires have come & gone, and the Bible predicts a time when they will disappear for good to be replaced by an everlasting
Kingdom of Love. If you want to know which nationality I adhere to: THAT’S the one.

Q.: “So, obviously, you’re some kind of religious freak, Dave! So, tell us, which church or denomination do you belong to?”

A.: In order to tell you which church I belong to, let us take a look at the origin of the meaning of the word "church”: Nowadays, we associate “church” with a pompous building in which confessing Christians meet during one hour a week (on Sundays) to listen to a man talk & sing a few songs & monotonously repeated prayers & ceremonies. But the original of the word comes from the greek word “ecclesia”, which means “the called out ones”. God, throughout the ages, has always had a small body of true believers who were conveying His message for the time, & who were doing their best to obey His commandments.
The Bible says that “the most High dwells not in temples made with hands”, so, you won’t find that group in any church building.
The Bible also says that “all who will live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution”. So, all you need to do to find out which group of believers I belong to, is to investigate which single Christian group of believers has suffered the most persecution during the past 2 decades, & I’m not talking about those in
China or muslim
countries. (Or check out www.thefamily.org)
Note that as it was in Jesus’ day, it is often the established religious powers who instigate those persecutions. Those who “think they do God service” by hounding their brethren.
Depending on how much you've been brainwashed by the media, you might not like what you’ll find. Unless you’re prepared for a truly radical God Who is the opposite of all you’ve ever learned.

Q.: “You scare me. So, you really believe that God interacts with people & stuff? Don’t you think one has to get a good education, a job &, you know... make an effort to ‘fit in’?”

A.: As I said, the true believers are “called out” of the Systems of this World, and Jesus said, “He that forsakes not all that he has, cannot be My disciple”. I believe that this is still as true & applies as much today as it did then. True believers must “forsake”, renounce, give up & leave their earthly possessions behind (like I did
when I was 17 & I’m ready to do again, at His beck & call, anytime) in order to share them with their brethren, the way it’s described in the Book of Acts: “All that believed were together & had all things in common...” Wanna know where Marx & those who paid him stole the idea of “communism” from? – That’s
it! Acts
2:44,45. Only that this, true communism, only works if empowered by the love of God, which is ready to “lay down his life for his friends”, not to establish another tyranny of the kind we have seen in Russia or China. Do I believe that God interacts with His chosen people? You bet I do. Look how active the Devil is. You
think Gid is sleeping all the while?

Q.: “C’mON, Dave! You really mean to tell us you believe in the Devil? Every kid knows that’s a fairy-tale to make little children cry.”

A.: Oh yeah? Well, not according to the Bible. Granted, by today’s widely recognized views the Bible itself isn’t much more than an ancient conglomeration of fairy-tales, but that just shows how successful the Devil has in been in preaching his gospel. For thousands of years people have accepted for fact that the world was created.
Only in the past hundred years have we all come to accept that the world & intelligent life “evolved” from lifeless matter – a violation of the laws of nature & common sense.
Everything the Bible has foretold about the history & future of the World has come to pass or is happening before our eyes, so, I also believe what it says about the Devil, namely that he is – at this time - the god of this World, into whose hands the kingdoms & riches of the world have been given – soon to be restored to their rightful Owner.

Q.: “Dave, for thousands of years, people believed that the Earth was flat. Are you one of those?”

A.: People always ascribe this narrowminded, “Don’t-confuse-me-with-the-facts” attitude to Christians, and,
unfortunately, only too often, they’re right. The established religious powers are always too busy maintaining their power to hear what their own God has to say (the Bible described the Earth as a ball way before Galileo or Columbus), & thus, as mentioned before, prefer to persecute the true believers to being open to revolutionary new revelations God might have in store for them. Why do you think the Bible continuously blasts those who claim to be God’s people? “This people praises Me with their lips, but their heart is far from
Me. ‘For your sake My name is mocked among the heathen’, says the Lord...”
It’s because they have preferred to serve the materialistic world & Mammon & thus live in the same
3-dimensional world as the unbeliever.
Just like people used to believe the Earth was flat, most people today are also “flatlanders”, who don’t believe in anything beyond that which they see & perceive with their physical senses. True believers, now as much as then – know that the world is not limited to 2, 3 or 4 dimensions. In fact, they’re quite in touch with the 5th,
6th or 7th...

Q.: “So, you’re one of those esoteric weirdos who believe in ghosts & spirits & stuff?”

A.: The Bible says, “God is a Spirit” (Jn.4:24) & it has a lot to say about angels & spirits. Yet, just because
Satanists, witches or New Agers believe in spirits, too, most Christians close themselves & block off anything that has to do with spirits, & thus, unfortunately also often lock out the Holy Spirit, as well.
The Bible has many “gifts of the Spirit” to offer, like prophecy, for example, which means, hearing from God & receiving His personal instructions, personally. Most people are inclined to believe that God doesn’t talk
anymore since 2000 years. I have experienced the opposite to be true.

Q.: “So, you mean to tell us, you’re actually hearing from God & He talks to you?”

A.: Well, as General Patton answered when he was asked whether it was true that he read the Bible: Yes Sir, I do.
“Every God-damned day!”
You can even hear God talking to you straight in many of the songs He’s given me. Sometimes I retrospectively realize that a song I wrote years ago has a much deeper meaning & greater significance than I
originally perceived. Some of my song lyrics are straight prophecy, like “Just Give me A Chance” or "Standard Of Love”. The first person speaking in those songs isn’t me speaking, it’s the Lord.

Q.: “I’m speechless.”

A.: When you don’t know what to say, it is a good time to remain silent.

Q.: “Sounds familiar. The Bible? No, wait.
Hollywood?”

A.: “The King And I” – Yul Brynner.

Q.: “Any more words of wisdom like that?”

A.: “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothin’ at all!”

Q.: “That sounds like... like...”

A.: “Bambi”.

Q.: “So, how many movies have you got you got memorized?”

A.: None at all. But I believe that God can use a lot of things to speak through, not just the Bible, a preacher...

Q.: “...Or your songs?”

A.: Right. In fact, He sometimes even uses songs that were written by people who don’t even believe in Him to
convey His message. And so He also uses movies... like everything else He created or allowed man to create, to make His point....”

Q.: “How’s that?”

A.: He just speaks & it is there. “In the beginning was the Word & the Word was God... All thing were made by Him.” He just says, “Let there be light!” And the result is, “And there WAS light”.

Q.: “Just like that?”

A.: Just like that.

Q.: “But... HOW?”

A.: This you’re going to have to ask Him, not me.
Q.: "So, Dave... there's evidently no hope for you... you seem so far gone... I'm sure you don't have any other hobbies & interests, besides reading the Bible and... oh, yeah, music?"

A.: No, I sit & pray & meditate 20 hours a day, then eat a handful of rice & drink a cup of water, sleep for a few hours &....
Rubbish, of course, I've got hobbies & other interests. I used to be a fanatic lover of animals & of nature as a kid, & have found out in the meantime that people are even more interesting. They're not entirely uncomplicated, but I like to learn what I can about them & how to get along... "People" also specially includes "young people", & since I have 6 kids myself, raising & dealing with young people is definitely one of my fields of interest.
I love swimming in natural waters, lakes & rivers, like hiking in the woods & hills & I have recently discovered a passion in me for debunking the so-called theory of Evolution, but that's a whole nuther subject...
I like cooking (although I must admit I'm usually too lazy) and... hey, I love to write, as you can tell.
Besides that, I love to listen to good music, of course, as well as write & record songs... and like most other people on the planet, I've got an ardent interest in species of the opposite sex...

No comments: