I ascribe to this circumstance - and I wouldn't call it lucky as much as the direct miraculous intervention of God - that I am one of the apparently rare breed of humans who are still able to distinguish whether what any high-ranking politician is saying actually makes any sense or not. Most people - my guesstimate, probably more than 99.5% of the Western population - hear a speech, say, by the President of the United States, and they automatically figure that because he is the leader of the great Nation that is home to Hollywood, it must make some sense somehow, and there must be goodness and truth in it. They need no further verification. Their inner "bullshit" detector - originally installed in humans by their Maker in ancient times, also referred to as "common sense," is left dysfunctional and obsolete, of course, driving the 0.5% of the population whose sense for right and wrong is still intact to the edge of insanity everytime the President opens his mouth and his audience responds by applause, instead of doing what would be the appropriate reaction, namely to tar and feather or strangle him.
My personal guess is that this worldwide immunization to total nonsense by nearly non-stop exposure to Corporate propaganda both via the media, press and public school curricula is what the Book of Revelation is referring to as "the wine of the wrath of her fornication" by which the mysterious Whore "Babylon" has made drunk the nations of the earth. This may sound like total lunacy to you, but I'm convinced it will be taught as fact in your grand-children's history books.
Now, 7 years after 9/11 you wouldn't get me back to that country except by abduction. "1984" has become reality 24 years behind schedule, but everybody is so perfectly brainwashed, they perceive it as perfectly normal, probably the same way German citizens 70 years ago used to think it was normal for undesirable elements of their society to be shipped off to special camps...
Let’s analyze a little bit that strange concoction termed in the Bible, “The wine of the wrath of her fornication.” Some still contend that the description of Babylon fits the Roman Catholic Church, but I’ve already disputed the notion that there would be any such weapon in the hands of the Catholic Church that would exert such power of all nations. If anything, - having been raised a catholic – the power of the church always struck me as something extremely sobering, not at all intoxicating.
Whereas there isn’t a nation on earth that hasn’t tasted from the wine of entertainment running from the presses of the U.S. movie industry, not a single country whose population wouldn’t at least in part be “high” on that rush of reality-altering intoxication, the gas of the benefits of capitalism, silently and voluntarily unleashed upon each family by themselves via their satellite dishes and TV sets.
“What’s wrong with a little bit of entertainment?” Nothing, if all it wants to do is “entertain us” and distract us from our usually quite different reality a little bit, and get us away from thinking. It’s another story, though, if we’re lured into a different kind of thinking altogether, and being manipulated so we’ll act in a certain way that will cater to the goals of a certain powerful group of people.
Let’s have a look at the stuff they’re pushing on our bewildered, passive brains:
- First of all: Money Rules! – Happiness equals money. You’re a winner if you’ve got it, you’re a loser if you don’t. In stark contrast to what Jesus had to say about the issue…
- Fun rules. Even if you don’t have loads of money, it is still your “right” to have fun, and to get it whichever way. After all: you’re all just mutated little monkeys, right? So what other purpose could there be in life other than that?
- Youth rules. Adults are ogres, kids are innocent, charming little princes and princesses, and if you want to avoid being labeled a total a..h..e, you’d better spend the rest of your life bending over backwards to cater to every single wish of your little ones. (After all, it’s your own fault if you were dumb enough to have any in the first place…)
- Truth rules – NOT! It’s perfectly legitimate to lie and deceive in order to get what you want. That’s what their god has been doing from the beginning and what he’s best at, so how could his gospel ever preach anything else?
- Thou shalt kill! If you want to solve problems, a gun is the best and quickest way to do it. Whether it’s your girl cheating on you, or the stupid Christian kids in your school, the best thing you can do for the New World Order is steal your papa’s gun, mow them all down, so that we can finally convince the rest of the world how dangerous it is to have people able to defend themselves & alter gun laws to take them all away from you. (Following the old scheme of first tempting to commit evil in order to accuse afterwards.)
- America rules! It is beyond a shadow of a doubt that America is the greatest country ever* to have existed on the face of the earth, and any creature daring to insinuate otherwise is a terrorist and ought to be tortured to death.
- Oh yeah, did we mention it? Torture is legitimate! After all, you want to extract the necessary information from the “evildoers” so that we can eliminate them and liberate the rest of the world, ummm from their evil ways, of course, hehe.
- Discipline and order suck! If you don’t want to be an absolute moron, hated and spitted upon by the rest of the world, then for Ch…’s sakes, leave the rest of the world be and do whatever they damn please to (except for them America-hating terrorists, of course), but especially them young ones. After all, all they want is have a little fun, and … remember rule no.2: there is no other purpose in life.
- Jesus Christ is a bad word. You utter it whenever something dreadfully bad happens, you’re terribly upset, or you want to kill someone.
- Anyone who adheres to these moral codes and swallows this stuff is “good,” anyone who won’t isn’t and will wind up on the blacklist of all the superheroes in the world combined: Spiderman, Batman, the Incredible Hulk, Superman, George Bush… they’re all gonna come and get ya, and you gonna wish you hadn’t a messed wit dem!
How do I know all these things? Simple. I’ve watched enough movies. These, of course are only the top ten of hundreds of rules you learn to keep if you keep swallowing the wine of wrath & (Cali)fornication (as some have termed it). The attractive thing about them is that they’re not just some somber, stiff rules that make you go through life all dry and sober like a piece of sackcloth, but drunk as a skunk. The only disadvantage is the hangover the next morning, and the crude awakening to the dude waving the bill under your nose, demanding you pay the fiddler.
* (Which may have even been true, before its inhabitants allowed corrupt leaders and national pride to cheat them out of their integrity)