Wednesday

049 Tribute to Yusuf Islam

June 23
A few days ago I came across a Google video documentary on Yusuf Islam, the 70s Pop Star Cat Stevens, who was doubtlessly one of the major musical influences in my life, next to people like James Taylor, the Beatles or Stevie Wonder, etc.
What was so very special about the path Yusuf Islam has chosen, however, is the fact that he left his worldy career of fame and glory for a spiritual one, and for very much the same reasons that prevented me from ever seriously taking necessary steps conducive to a life of fame and fortune in the first place.
What was all the more amazing to me, though, was that Yusuf, just as I noted earlier about Gandhi - although his spiritual path was one that according to outward appearance seems to be in opposition or competition of sorts to the Christian path I chose- seems to be doing a much better job at being a true "Christian" than so many others of my fellow-Christians (not excluding myself).

I asked the Lord about this phenomenon of those outstanding members of other religions like Gandhi and Yusuf Islam, who seem to be doing a better job at following in His footsteps than the large majority of Chistians I have seen in my days, and He answered:

"Many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the Kingdom of Heaven. But the children of the Kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness" (Matth.8:11,12). It is just so that the children of the Kingdom often take the Kingdom for granted and despise it, while those who yearn for it from afar treasure it.
I have some outstanding children even among those who are not "official" part of what is considered to be My kingdom.
Just as the "children of the kingdom" persecuted Me and had Me killed, many of the "children of the kingdom" of today never knew Me, and I never knew them. While many from the east and west, from other religions and cultures, readily receive Me.
Just as "He is not a Jew who is one outwardly," so he is not a Christian that is one outwardly only, and not as he should be, inwardly, worshiping in spirit and in truth, for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.
Just as Gandhi could not receive Christianity as the truth for lack of a true sample of My teachings among those who called themselves Christians, so it is with this one. Yet they both were familiar with My teachings and lived the truth in them better than many of those who claimed to be Mine. That doesn't mean that you have to become a Muslim or Hindu in order to find My truth. But it means that it doesn't matter what you call yourself: you better don't despise My Words, or I may choose a Hindu or a Muslim to take your crown, because they have lived and practiced My teachings before you did.
My Bride has gone astray. Can you blame them for not wanting to be part of that stray bride? They'd rather show their allegiance and adoration for the Bridegroom by showing Him reverence from afar. They don't want to risk the mockery of the "bride," the old church, who has always mocked and persecuted the new one.
What really makes the difference is not in what you claim, but actually do, and where your heart is, while you do it. Who are you really doing it for? Is it just to boost your own ego and to make you feel better about yourself?
This man has overcome the temptations of the ego and has given the world a monumental example of a brave and valiant step to take, away from the superficialty and ego-worship of this world to true and humble and meek spirituality. As I have said of the non-Jewish woman in My day, I must say of him: "I have not found such faith in all My house!" Nor such dedication, nor such hunger or thirst for the truth.
the large gist of those who call themselves My people are continuing to lead the world astray into the worship of Mammon, the ways of self, the glory of the flesh and the worship of the things they create with their own hands...
My Spirit and My grace, and the Father's love are a lot more all-embracing and all-encompassing than many Christians would give Him credit for. Their philosophy remains one of separation and shutting others out, while My call has always been, 'Come!' Whoever is athirst, let him come and drink of the waters of life freely!
Many of those who claim to have the truth and act as exclusive representatives of Mine, or of God or His truth will have quite a few surprises waiting for them. That's why it's important that you stay on the humble path of the seeker and the learner. Keep a 'beginner's mind,' always aware of the fact that there's so much more to learn than what you think you know already."

No comments: