Saturday

177 What If II (Or: Shut Up Already!)

I know, the politically correct thing in more than one aspect, would be to shut up. And I could imagine that some of my brethren are praying that I would.
And I have a feeling that their prayers may soon be answered, and I'm just about through with what I've got to say. But before I do, just a few more thoughts I'd like to throw out there:

If there's one thing I know, it's that God is Love, and that He loves each one of His children beyond measure. But I also know, that part of that love includes a measure of His love that we do not always appreciate: the measure of correction. "For whom the Lord loveth, He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth" (Heb.12:6).
And judgment begins with the house of God.

All I'm saying (once again) is, "What if?" - What if - in spite of His never-ending mercy upon all of us (and He knows that I need it more desperately than anyone), there is just too much wrong about the way we do things, than He could allow us to get away with?

As loving and as merciful as He is, what if we, as Christians and thus His self-declared representatives, are making ourselves guilty of sins and crimes that would be a lack of love and justice on His part - toward the rest of the world, if He wouldn't do anything about it?

What if we're not really smarter at all than Adam and Eve? Let's recall: What was their sin? The sin that got us all into this mess and got us the Devil as temporary ruler, master and "god of this world," was that they believed a lie!
What if we haven't learned anything from that incident, and haven't gotten any smarter since?

What if we're still allowing the serpent to tell us one fairy-tale after another, and we all go, "Yeah, let's do that!" like they did back then?

I'm thinking of one famous fairy-tale in particular, of 19 bearded "bad guys" with carpet-knives defying the laws of physics and bringing down 3 buildings with 2 planes at free-fall speed, allegedly crashing into the Pentagon with another passenger plane, leaving a hole scarcely big enough for a glider to have hit it, much less any evidence or even so much as an actual photo of the aircraft...
A fairy-tale that has recently been repeated by every journalist with a job around the globe in their wrap-up of the first decade of the millennium and has sent tens of thousands of "Christian" troops off to foreign lands to kill millions, supported by the prayers of the brethren back home.

What if our God just so happens to love the Iraqis, Afghans, Pakistanis and Palestinians, too, that have been killed on our behalf - and what if our reasons for killing them weren't nearly as noble as we were told?
What if God is not just going to stand by and ignore our slaughter of the innocents, and say, "Tsk, tsk, how clumsy, My dears! Now take better care next time, okay?"

What if our God is slowly becoming sick and tired of being made the laughing stock of the rest of the world on our behalf, and there is really some actual modern relevance to that Scripture, "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you" (Rom.2:24)?

What if we really cannot serve God and Mammon as Jesus said?

What if all those Scriptures we don't like are just as valid as the ones we always pick and constantly repeat because we like the way their sound tickles our ears?

What if all those dreadful Endtime scenarios of the Book of Revelation are going to be a well-deserved reality, not only for unbelievers, but - let's just assume for a moment those Scriptures really mean what they say, the Antichrist is going to wage war on the saints - and obviously not talking about the Jews? What if we're going to actually reap what we have sown, and the Antichrist is going to be our just dessert, for believing his father's lies, just as it has been since the beginning?

What if we're not anywhere as good as we think we are, just because we call ourselves Christians?

I know, God loves us, anyway, and He'll forgive. But it also says that He chastens those He loves, and that those who knew His will and did it not were going to be beaten with more stripes than those who knew it not.
What if God actually means what He says? - Contrary to the dude whose lies we constantly swallow, which he tells only in order to get us into trouble with God?
What if God did actually expect us to use the brains He gave us?

I'm not trying to pretend to be some kind of teacher here. I'm just a nobody asking a couple of uncomfortable questions, because what I read in the Bible and what I see the supposed followers of that Book actually do does not jibe, and it actually makes me feel very uncomfortable...

What if it's really true that as wonderfully sweet, and loving as Jesus is, there are still those types of Christians around that make Him so sick at His stomach that He fills like vomiting them out (see Rev.3:16)?
What if the Bible is actually right, and the world is not getting any better, but actually worse, including the general quality of Christians and believers?

What if the lies the Devil told in the beginning were actually fairly decent, artistic concoctions of half-truths, compared to the God-forsaken crap we swallow by the truck-loads nowadays?

Maybe we're not nearly as ingenious as we think just because we know how to handle a remote control or play computer games, or kill people with super-sophisticated weapons...

What if, in reality - contrary to all that we honestly believe and think - we've become more stupid than ever?

I know that's not exactly positive thinking here. I know I'll never win the title, "The world's greatest optimist." But from where I stand, I see tiny shrinking islands of honesty floating on a vast, growing sea of lies, so my optimism is exclusively dedicated to my Savior and Maker, and not so much the bulk of my fellow humans, from whence mine help surely not cometh...

So, it's probably true: the best thing in the world I can do is to finally shut up. I just hope and pray that you guys are right, and God is either totally tripping on acid, or blind and not anywhere near as pissed off about what He's seeing as some of your fellow humans are...
Because if He is, and He already said that Sodom and Gomorrah were going to look better on J-Day than Jerusalem, I don't want to know the fate of some of our present day Sodoms and Gomorrahs... If God is real at all, folks, He certainly couldn't be the kind of a pussy some of us seem to want to make Him, and I'm afraid sooner or later He's going to have to prove that to the world.

So, sorry, for having rocked your boat this one more time. I don't know what else there is to say that could possibly get me into more trouble. I just hope you're all right and I'm wrong, and we can all blissfully sleep on until our magic prince will awaken us in paradise. All I was saying is, "What if" not?

McDozer's gone fishing and
rolling a new leaf over at:

http://newleafover.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.