Monday

085 No Business Like Blow Business



No, this is not some obscene post advertising blow-jobs. I'm talking about the evidently most lucrative business in the world, of blowing things like houses, towns and people to bits. "Want more business? Do War-Business!"


Disappointed? Thought so.


I don't know who originally came up with the slogan, "Make love, not war!" (probably some hippie in the 60s), but the Devil's slogan must definitely be the exact opposite: "Make war, not love!" - It's so much more lucrative!

Strangely enough, some of his staunchest disciples are professing to be Christians.

You wouldn't believe how many of the big, well-known corporations tie into the war-business. I wouldn't have believed it, if I hadn't read this article, & apparently there's more bad news where that came from.

The more I find out about politics, and especially about the politics of one nation boasting to be the most powerful on earth (for how much longer?) in particular, the more I find confirmation therein of things I have believed to be true for decades. Not because I was smart enough to come up with them by myself, but because I was told, or rather, I read them, in small, A5 pamphlets called “MO-Letters,” written by the deceased founder of the movement I subscribe to since I found Jesus there at the age of 13.

Everything he ever said about the country he was from seemed an exaggeration back then. It doesn’t anymore now. Everything he said about the church system he had come out of in disgust is something that slowly other Christians around the world are waking up to.

One such Christian in particular, my wife recently had the pleasure to meet, since God saw to it to send him into our remote corners of the utmost boonies and backwoods of Southern Germany.

I’m currently reading his book “So You Don’t Want to Go to Church Anymore,“ which could be described as a gentler drug rehabilitation therapy for church junkies than anything I have so far slapped in the world’s face, since it’s administered by someone who’s an ex-junkie himself.

Since I personally had any possibly existing illusions about where church is at devastated by the age of ten, Wayne Jacobsen is certainly the man to bring it home in a gentler way, encouraging believers around the world who are seeking refuge outside of the “box” of the church system, that God loves them anyway, and more than they can ever fathom.

I haven’t finished reading the book yet, but so far, at chapter six, it has driven home the point that what God does matters infinitely more than whatever efforts we can come up with ourselves better than any other book I know of that you can download for free on the Internet.

In fact, even what God does in allowing our illusions about the world we live in to be shattered, He is doing more for us than we could ever begin to see right now, while we’re still in the middle of it.

It seems as if God is waking up people around the world. He’s using a gentler method with some than with others, but let’s just hope and pray that it won’t be too late for most of us to pull the plug on our passive participation, or at least on our silent approval of “blow-business!”

No comments: